Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu for the week of January 24th

Ok, here it is:

Monday:Italian Pepper and Egg Sandwiches with Roasted fingerling potatoes
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/INDEX.aspx?recipeid=185391&sc=11
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=79471
7 Points Plus for dinner

Tuesday: Italian Soup with garlic bread
This is an adaption of a recipe I saw on television once and wasn't able to find so here is my version:
Ingredients:
2 sprays of cooking spray
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced (or more if you like)
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 ribs of celery thinly sliced
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1-2 cans of diced tomatoes (I am on a Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes kick, so I will probably use those.)
Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
Directions:
Saute onion and garlic in spray until onion is transparent. Add zucchini, carrots, and celery saute for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir in Italian seasoning to taste. Add bay leaf let simmer on med-low heat for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.

For the garlic bread, I like to use Sara Lee Light and Delightful Hot dog buns spread with Brummel and Brown Spread and topped with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning.

Soup: 3 Points Plus for 1 cup Garlic Bread: 4 Points Plus for one whole hot dog bun

Wednesday: Southwestern Sloppy Joe's and Kraft 1/2 the fat Macaroni and Cheese
(I know this doesn't seem Weight Watchers friendly, but mac and cheese and sloppy joe's go together like pb and j. It is a necessary function of my upbringing to eat these two items together so this is my splurge for the week.)

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=131971

Sloppy Joe's: 8 points plus 1 Serving of Mac and Cheese: 8 points plus

Thursday: Chicken Ropa Vieja with Cuban Style Black Beans and rice
(This recipe I got from a website I have not used before but a friend references frequently: Skinnytaste.com I am very excited to try this!)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/chicken-ropa-vieja.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/quick-and-deliciouso-cuban-style-black.html

Ropa Vieja: 5 Points Plus Black Beans:3 Points Plus
(I don't know off the top of my head what rice I will use, so I will add those points later).


And like any realist, I am willing to bet Chris and I will go out to eat at least once this week so I did not plan a meal for Friday and the weekends are usually reserved for whatever is leftover in the house.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment