Thursday, February 10, 2011

Menu for the week of February.... whatever this week was

I have been a total slacker this week. I have sat down several times to try to blog and couldn't muster the motivation. Well, better late than never I guess.

My menu didn't quite work out this week so this is what we had for dinner:

Monday- Chili Cheese Dogs and Butternut Squash Fries

I used Oscar Mayer 98% fat free hot dogs (still only 1POINTSPlus), the generic version of Sara Lee Light and Delightful hot dogs buns, and a homemade veggie chili. For cheese I used Kraft 2% Mexican Blend.

Butternut Squash Fries
3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 pound(s) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, long “neck” cut into sixteen 3/4-inch-thick sticks*
1 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder, or to taste (optional)
Instructions
• Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
• Arrange squash fries on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and chili powder; liberally coat with cooking spray.
• Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 14 to 18 minutes. Yields 4 fries per serving.

This is a Weight Watchers Recipe but it was short so I just put it in instead of the link. Oh, and their Points Plus... just 1 teeny weeny point!!

Tuesday- Not what I planned but it was $2 burrito night at Moe's... so we had $2 burritos

Wednesday- Veggie Tacos, Guacamole, and Black Beans

I am going to write a separate entry for this so check the list.

Thursday- Chris ate Pasta Fagioli and I ate Creamy Spinach Penne

This probably seems ridiculous, but Chris really doesn't enjoy spinach and I love it. So I conceded and made 2 dishes. I am going to make a separate entry for the Pasta Fagioli but here is the recipe for the Penne (courtesy of Kraftfoods.com, 9 points plus per serving).

Creamy Spinach Penne
3/4 lb. fresh spinach leaves, stemmed
4 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 clove garlic
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
make it

ADD spinach to large pot of boiling water; cook 1 min. Remove spinach with slotted spoon, reserving water in pot for cooking pasta. Rinse spinach with cold water; drain well. Chop spinach; set aside.

RETURN water to boil. Add pasta; cook 10 min. or just until tender. Meanwhile, blend garlic in blender until minced. Add spinach, cottage cheese and milk to blender; blend until smooth. Blend in Parmesan and seasonings.

DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add spinach mixture and red peppers; mix lightly.


I left out the red peppers because I didn't feel like making a huge mess, it was just as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment